I am writing this as part of the ProBlogger Group Writing Project for 2006. (Learn more here.) Darren's first assignment is to ask to us to review the past or predict the future. Since I'm not feeling very swami-ish tonight, (I have a cold!) I chose the former and will tell you of the 5 Technology Discoveries that Changed my Business in 2006.
- The Treo 700 --This really helped me organize my life! I have all my activities on this phone/PDA and it keeps my schedule in front of me every time I make a call. Its been invaluable for my business.
- My Bluetooth Headset--This has helped me use my Treo 650 with no wires while driving my car and allowed me to become more efficient in returning and making sales calls.
- Podcasting--I listen to podcasts while driving to learn more about my business. I call it University de KIA. (Catch the theme here? I'm in my car a lot!) I can learn anything from how to make a good presentation to how to write a good blog. There are podcasts on everything you could ever imagine.
- Vonage/IP Telephony--Helped me save A LOT of money on phone calls each month. Plus they have features that you can run through a simple web interface like call forwarding and I can also get my voicemails via email. Very cool!
- This Blog--I can't tell you how much this blog has changed my business in the last 2 months. My leads have doubled since I started the blog because it has established my credibility in the field of web design/search engine submission. If you have good writing skills and some extra time (HA HA!) to write your own blog about your particular niche, I highly recommend starting one.
So those are my top 5. If you want to post yours in the comments, please feel free to share!